Prev: Re: SAGA book (was: More on painting) Next: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 06:59:22 -0500
Subject: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

>-Escort/Aegis cruiser - famous battle sites (Normany, Okinawa,
>-***Falklands,Dunkerque, Kursk, Ardennes, Midway, Gettysburg,
>-Vistula,Agincourt, etc)
>
>***Isn't that supposed to be Malvinas? *hitting the dirt*
-Hey, I'm a dumb American; what do I know? Educate me!	:-)

Warning, WAY OFF TOPIC: Hey, I'm one of those, too. I was just sending a
little tease towards our friends in the UK. Malvinas is what the
Argentinians call Falklands. I would almost prefer Falklands/Malvinas,
honoring the fallen on both sides.
>-Medium cruiser - Native American tribes, other Seneca, Chippewa,
>-Cherokee,Sioux, Manetaree, Aztec, Mongol, Zulu, etc)
>Course, the NAC corvette/lancers are already Native American; have to
look
>again whether there are other FT conventions you're skirting...
-Heheh. Well, I kinda was doing it on my own, without much (any)
prompting
-from the FT line of ship classes.

I know what you mean, again, small teasing on my part. By the way, Allan
was actually replying to me about the 'Mongol and Zulu not fitting', I
think. I almost said: Oh, by other you mean indigenous peoples portrayed
as
barbarian by western culture. However, I know somebody would see through
my
(American)liberal tendencies. ;->= I think most of us realized what the
'other' was for. I would point out that I consider Aztec to fit, as the
whole hemisphere is 'the Americas'. Hmmm... that could be off topic,
likewise. Whatever.

>Right now, only care on this one cuz I'm hoping to complete that story
>about my daughter. ;->=
-Oh yeah! When's the next installment? And is she cute, single?

What can I say? Writer's block of the worst kind: get great ideas, but
when
sitting down to paper or computer screen, nothing comes out. *sigh* By
the
way, that should have been 'Captain Lady Megan Evans', right?

By the way, all dads consider their daughters cute; she would disagree,
but
not too strongly. Yes, single, but a tad underage. Now, are you trying
pick a fight? ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: SAGA book (was: More on painting) Next: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)