Prev: Re: Perfect Campaign Rules Next: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

Re: SAGA book (was: More on painting)

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 00:19:34 -0500
Subject: Re: SAGA book (was: More on painting)

With all due respect to Brian, I don't necessarily consider some
colour plates (or at the least, patches of chosen paint schema) to be
fluff. As FT3 is a minis game, and as people do bother to call these
things "an ESU cruiser" or a "NAC powered infantry trooper with
personnal plasma gun" (etc.), I think that semi "official" painting
guides (and yes, more designs!) would be quite useful and wouldn't
classify as fluff. Perhaps it is the material of a NetBook rather
than a printed book (the graphics would work well that way). If I'm
to bother buying SG2 and DS2 and FT2 (or FT3) ships, calling them
some particular ship from some particular force, I think I'd like to
paint them in the colours the designers (Jon and the Sculptors) had
in mind.

Thomas.

Prev: Re: Perfect Campaign Rules Next: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)