Prev: RE: Traveller Starships Next: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

Re: Perfect Campaign Rules

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 18:46:26 -0500
Subject: Re: Perfect Campaign Rules

-I'd say even the 'Hyper-Telegraph' (great name!!) be rare - lots of
-colony worlds without a HyperSpace CommStation in orbit, who depend on
-the monthly (less?) courier ships and passing merchantmen for
-information.

This sounds a little like the Renegade Legion universe, though, as I
recall, there was intersteller communication of 'limited' range(few
parsecs) for standard communication, but large system installations,
(VLCA?
Very Large Communication Arrays?) for 'long' distances, and these were
PRIME targets. These were necessary for the very centralized TOG
government.

Please forgive me doing this from memory; I'm actually at home, but too
lazy to do the digging to find the source material right now. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: RE: Traveller Starships Next: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)