Prev: Re: Ship Naming Convention Next: Re: Ship Naming Inconvience

Re: Ammo supply in DS and SG

From: "Michael Brown" <mkkabrow@w...>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 98 15:39:54 PDT
Subject: Re: Ammo supply in DS and SG

Snip!
> It seems to me that at the DS2 level, the way to do ammo use/logistics
is
> at a more abstract level than this - rather than each gun and each
> vehicle, have some 'logistics value' per combat vehicle, based on
> size/type. 'Logistics value' would cover ammo & fuel supply and basic
> maintenence - and only if the logistics points of the combat arm
outwiegh
> the logistics support system's value do you have to start cutting
corners,
> having tanks enter combat with some sort of restriction on firing.
>
> I'd have the restriction on firing be something simple as well, maybe
'No
> engaging targets in your long-range band' (because you're more likely
> miss, and waste scarce ammo). A morale hit would also be appropriate,
> think. Maybe movement restrictions as well, if appropriate - 2/3
possible
> movement only, maybe - remembering that FGP-equipped vehicles don't
_have_
> gas worries...
>
> An abstracted 'logistics point' systems seems be the way to handle it,
> think - as a Brigade Commander you have QM staff to worry about
details,
> while you're the 'big picture' person (hopefully).
>
> My $0.02,
>
> Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)

This is probably a more reasonable way to handle this.	The original
idea
was to have some mechanism to balance scenarios ("You have only half of
your basic load due to previous ebattles...").	Since I use roster pages
give the player setup, adding boxes for the ammo is not really a big
thing.

Michael Brown

http://www.wco.com/~mkkabrow
PS has anyone tried my SG minicampaign?  Reward to the first one who
identifies the source!

Prev: Re: Ship Naming Convention Next: Re: Ship Naming Inconvience