Prev: Re: Perfect Campaign Rules Next: Re: Painting FAQ

Re: Ship Naming Inconvience

From: "Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 15:21:19 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Ship Naming Inconvience

>(Please be advised that I am over stressed, over tired, and the world
>slipped a cog last night and it is later than I think.

Did I ever give everyone the lecture why I HATE 'Daylight Savings Time'?
And me being a Morning Person, too...

>Do not expect
>rational, thoughtful, or anything that requires more than one (1)
>functional and distracted brain cell.)

:-)

>Ship names:
>     Generally speaking I do not use ship names, the life span of a
>ship in combat in FT is far to short to spend time trying to figure
>out names that have meaning (on a personal level).   I just name the
>ship class and use the ID number on the base for the game.  (I have
>named ship classes for Brian Bells list.)

For me it's half the fun of putting scenarios together - the ship names
and
putting little histories to them. Or letting scenarios dictate histories
of
the ships.

>Ship class names:
>     SDN: Golden Dragon, mass 80, (Named after Mother in Law)

heheheh

>Sha'VasKu ships:
>     The Humans call them - Allies.
>     The Kra'Vak call them - Target ##.
>     The MCLM (Mar'Cal Le'Mer) call them - Lunch.

*grin*

Thanks for the chuckle. Needed it after this weekend's 'fun'.

>The Kra'Vak:
>     SDNs     : Oh'Gag, So'Gag
>     CVs      : Mi'Gaf, Lo'Gaf
>     Large BBs: No'Luk, Lo'luk, Du'Duk.
>     Small BBs: Oh'Duk
>     CA       : Da'Kul, Lo'Roc, Mi'Soc.
>     CLs      : Lo'Wak, To'Wak, Du'Wak.
>     DDs      : Lo'Jak, Hi'Jak, Fi'Bop, To'Bop, Hi'Chz.

Oh, yeah! Forgot; Kra'Vak can have fun names. I ran a scenario last year
at
Marcon that had a handful of destroyers named Tin'Can, Tin'Kup, Mee'Etr,
and
Vay'Gun, and a couple of cruisers named Dak'Walla and Dak'Soup. Oh, and
couple of frigates named Pee'We and Ty'Nee.  :-)

Mk
-
Sarah: "Is this the point where I say, 'why in the heck am I doing
this'?"

Indy: "And this is the point where I say, 'belay's on'."

Prev: Re: Perfect Campaign Rules Next: Re: Painting FAQ