Prev: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?) Next: Re: Perfect Campaign Rules

Re: Ship Naming Inconvience

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 11:45:49 -0700
Subject: Re: Ship Naming Inconvience

Mk,

(Please be advised that I am over stressed, over tired, and the world
slipped a cog last night and it is later than I think.	 Do not expect
rational, thoughtful, or anything that requires more than one (1)
functional and distracted brain cell.)

Ship names:
     Generally speaking I do not use ship names, the life span of a
ship in combat in FT is far to short to spend time trying to figure
out names that have meaning (on a personal level).   I just name the
ship class and use the ID number on the base for the game.  (I have
named ship classes for Brian Bells list.)

Ship class names:
     SDN: Golden Dragon, mass 80, (Named after Mother in Law)
     DN : Argonaut, mass 72, (I like Mythology)
     DN : Ascension, mass 68, (I have been there)
     DN : Wild Goose, mass 70, (I like the name)
     CM : Vulture, mass 30, (I gave this name to a server at work,
			     over great objections.)
     BB : Lookout, mass 56, (I like the name)
     CM : Viking, mass 30, ( Family heritage)
     CE : Bideford, mass 26, (I have been there)
     CM : Shannon, mass 30, (My only landing in Ireland)
     CM : Aardvark, mass 28, (They look strange)

Sha'VasKu ships:
     The Humans call them - Allies.
     The Kra'Vak call them - Target ##.
     The MCLM (Mar'Cal Le'Mer) call them - Lunch.

The Kra'Vak:
     SDNs     : Oh'Gag, So'Gag
     CVs      : Mi'Gaf, Lo'Gaf
     Large BBs: No'Luk, Lo'luk, Du'Duk.
     Small BBs: Oh'Duk
     CA       : Da'Kul, Lo'Roc, Mi'Soc.
     CLs      : Lo'Wak, To'Wak, Du'Wak.
     DDs      : Lo'Jak, Hi'Jak, Fi'Bop, To'Bop, Hi'Chz.
It should also be noted that most if not all of these ships have
been modified from the supplied model and have a different (but
still Kra'Vak) look to them.   I do not have any ship larger than a
BB at the present time, but larger ships are on order.	In a game
the points ratio is 3 Human to 2 Kra'Vak.

Enough for now,
JTL

A member of the Tagline Challenged Club.

Prev: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?) Next: Re: Perfect Campaign Rules