Prev: Re: Moondragon (was: favorite painting techniques?) Next: Re: favorite painting techniques?

Re: SAGA book (was: More on painting)

From: Brian Bell <brian.bell@a...>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 10:47:42 +0000
Subject: Re: SAGA book (was: More on painting)

> 2. Has anyone actually thought about producing a book (maybe
> somewhere in the future) that features equipment descriptions (a
> textual description, some 'tech specs', DS2 and SG2 stats) of the
> common equipment used by these forces and descriptions of their force
> organizations/ranks structure/uniform and equipment distributions?
> With colour plates (like the various Osprey Men-at-arms type books)
> of some sample uniforms etc.? This would make a great SG2 and DS2
> supplement (like the fleet book, only this would be the Space, Air,
> Ground, and Aquamarine (SAGA?) forces supplement?). It could feature
> army lists. I know several gamers have done some good groundwork (I
> give the nod to Owen G here) for some of the forces of some groups.
> But it would be neat to have a master document of this info. I think
> if it was (like Bugs Don't Surf) targetted at both SG2 and DS2
> players, it would sell well.

I have seen this type of "fluff" for other game systems. I have never
bought any of it. While I find it interesting, I feel that this would be
better suited to web pages rather than a book that would take time and
energy (best spent on getting out games and supplements such as Full
Thrust 3rd ed., Bugs Don't Surf, etc.) from GZG and IMHO would not sell.
I do feel that items such as the Full Thrust Fleet Book would sell. A
book of DSII designs would probably sell as well. This combined with the
aforementioned "fluff" could sell. Perhaps it could be grouped by
Government (NAC, ESU, etc.). The important thing would be that there be
an equal amount of game-usable items (such as vehicle cards) as "fluff".

--
Brian Bell
brian.bell@axom.com

The Full Thrust Ship Registry
http://www.axom.com/bkb/fthome.html
Dirtside II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/ds2main.html
Stargrunt II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/sg2.html
Cygnus Eclipsers' Science Fiction Games Page
http://www.axom.com/bkb/scifi_game.html

Prev: Re: Moondragon (was: favorite painting techniques?) Next: Re: favorite painting techniques?