Prev: Re: favorite painting techniques? Next: Traveller Starships

Perfect Campaign Rules

From: "Michael Blair" <amfortas@h...>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 01:50:28 PST
Subject: Perfect Campaign Rules

Perfect Campaign Rules
I have begun work on a new set of campaign rules for FT. I am unhappy
with my current set and would welcome suggestions and 'wish lists'.
I think that 'Perfect Campaign Rules' is potentially a very useful topic

of discussion for all of us.

Speed of Communications
What model do you use or imagine for your campaign settings? There seem
to be four main models (unless someone knows better...):
I.	Age of Sail (or Traveller) with slow communications only as fast
as a
ship and slow response times.
II.	Age of Steam. Late Nineteenth Century. Quick communication to
planets (Hyper-Telegraph?) but slow to ships. Huge planet bound
communicators become a key target for raids.
III.	Modern. Instant communications. Ships can receive fresh orders
at
any time, command can be 'real-time'.
IV.	Instant communications and very fast ships. Ships are fast
enough to
be sent out as reinforcements to join an ongoing battle. A movement rate

of at least one parsec per combat turn. I think this is faster than even

modern air battles but I am not sure.

		 Michael R. Blair

Prev: Re: favorite painting techniques? Next: Traveller Starships