Prev: Unofficial Stargrunt II Web Site Next: URL police

Re: EFSB new ship comment and old ship question

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 07:49:37 +0000
Subject: Re: EFSB new ship comment and old ship question

>To the list as a whole:
>
>I was just in Game Castle and picked up the Babylon Projects
Gamemasters
>Resource Kit (a GM Screen). Inside I found but one gem, a ships system
>diagram of an explorer class ship (AKA: the Cortez). Is this news, or
just
>news to me. Now for the bad news, there is no permission to copy
statement.
>This may not seem like much, but my local copy shop won't copy it
without
>the statement. Looks like I'll be scanning it into the computer, what a
>pain.
>
>To Jon:
>
>I have been watching all the B5 reruns on TNT and I can't find any
reference
>to the Cotton Class and the Shepherd or Porcupine Starfury transports.
Where
>did these ships come from. I hope they are not "made up ships", that is
one
>of my biggest problems with B5 Wars. There next release of miniatures
is
>going to be a bunch of "made up ships" from the Narn Centauri conflict.
his
>was the same thing that turned me off of star fleet battles. Why make
up
>ship designs when the show producers have provided a long list of so
called
>"official" ship designs. In Full Thrust, with its very optional back
ground,
>designing your own ships is part of the fun. But, IMHO, when you pay in
>someone else's world, I think it would be best to stick to the script.

Can't help you on this one - it was mainly Zeke at Wireframe that did
the
ship stats to fit the rules I supplied, and though I gave them some
suggestions on the ships I knew from the show, the ones you mention were
done entirely by them - I haven't seen any of these on screen either;
suggest you ask them directly on the Babylon Project mailing list.

Jon (GZG)