Prev: RE: I LIVE!!! Next: DS II campaign rules?

StarControl (was Re: I LIVE!!!)

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@n...>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 11:41:38 -0500
Subject: StarControl (was Re: I LIVE!!!)

At 12:00 PM 3/26/98 +0000, you wrote:
>For anyone who doesn't know about it, Starcontrol is this space
strategy
>game from years ago that has developed a cult following for all sorts
of
>reasons.  Accolade publish the series.  It has a fine game universe,
with
>lots of interesting happenings going on.

*Very* fun games, at least the first two.  Wasn't as impressed with the
third... they took it too seriously.

>It had vaguely occurred to me at one point to try and do an FT battle
using
>Star control ships but I decided FT was probably a bit too sensible for
the
>type of combat involved.

You too, huh? ^_^  Although it looks to me like FT3 might allow for
somewhat better representation of the ships... though for ships like the
Earthling cruiser you kinda need to ignore ammo restrictions.  (Where'd
they get all those MX missiles from, anyway? ^_- )

>For instance one of the alien race ships (The
>pkunk) had a special power of insulting their opponent in order to
damage
>them in some way.  I wonder how many A batteries an insult is worth...

No, the insults were said to gain enough psychich energy to recharge the
ships' battery.  I should know, I fly Pkunk ships near-exclusively
sometimes... Only ship that's a pain to kill is the Yehat.

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@NERC.com

Prev: RE: I LIVE!!! Next: DS II campaign rules?