Prev: Re: Alternative SGII APCs etc Next: Re: Alternative SG II APCs

Re: Alternative SG II APCs

From: tom411@j... (Thomas E Hughes)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 19:26:54 -0600
Subject: Re: Alternative SG II APCs

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998 17:46:54 -0500 Jerry Han <jhan@idigital.net> writes:
>Stuart Murray wrote:
>
>> Swiss MBT project (forgot its name),
>
>Ahh, the S-Tank?  (Where S is some Swedish word that I can't
>pronounce,
>much less spell.  (8-) )  You're talking about the tank without the
>turret; more a self-propelled gun then anything else, with the
>'kneeling'
>suspension, right?
>
>Totally random trivia,
>J.

Swedish tank is "Stridsvagn 103 MBT" by Bofors commonly called an
S-Tank.
105mm main gun, auto loader, hydropnuematic suspension (driver is also
gunner, as it uses the suspension to aim its fixed gun) recessed dozer
blade and lyran rockets.
Height	2.43M  ; length 7.04M	 width 3.63Meter
   per Jane's Tank recognition guide.

This is the tank with the "really sloped" front glacis plate!!!

Tom Hughes

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Prev: Re: Alternative SGII APCs etc Next: Re: Alternative SG II APCs