Prev: re: Alternative SG2 Apc's etc Next: Nova Class Dreadnought

Alternative SGII APCs etc

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 14:02:43 +0000
Subject: Alternative SGII APCs etc

	Amongst my assorted piles of junk are one of those Heller
Clic-Clac
1/43 VAB AA vehicles, which is pretty nice.  I also have a couple of
their
1/72 VAB (it's something like Vehicule l'Avant Blindee) 4x4s, which were
snap together 6 part polystyrene kits, and 2 1/72 scale S-tanks
(Stridsvagn
103B, = Combat vehicle, 10cm gun, 3rd type) in polythene, rather like a
slightly more complex version of the old Airfix Assault series vehicles,
from a Japanese firm, either Imai or Eidai I think.  S-tanks are REALLY
old,
(1960s) but still manage to be futuristic, which is pretty cool.

	By the way, as a sad armour nut, the South African 155mm SP is
the
G6.  Also, the US Marine APC was the LVTP7, now called the AAV7.  It's
mighty predecessor, the LVTP5, always looked pretty SF to me!

	On the topic of toys, I saw a garish remote control tank in Toys
Us a few weeks ago, at about 1/24 scale so no earthly use, but
intrigueingly
enough it was an XM1 prototype (pretty different from an M1), so all
sorts
of stuff can turn up as toys.  Kids' toy "battle sets" often contain
1/76ish
polythene M48s, Centurions and Chieftains, which might come in handy.

	For post WW2 armour, JB Models in the UK do several M113
variants,
and the British Saladin 6x6 armoured car and its Saracen 6x6 APC
relative,
as nice polystyrene kits for about 4UKP each.

cheers,
Rob

"Rob Paul

Dept of Zoology
Oxford University
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124
"Once again, villainy is rotting meat
before the maggots of justice!"
"

Prev: re: Alternative SG2 Apc's etc Next: Nova Class Dreadnought