Prev: Re: Halcyon Aliens Dropship Next: Re: Interested in working on an official GZG publication?

Re: Painting Omegas for use

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 08:07:56 +0000
Subject: Re: Painting Omegas for use

>I am still wondering what the best base color to paint these ships
would
>be.  I'm leaning towards a dark gray right now, but seem to recall them
>looking dark red-brown in one episode.  What's the consensus?	Any
>additional washes, etc. necessary?
>
>For that matter, what are the current thoughts on colors for the
Hyperion?
>Again, I'm going with a lighter gray, but am not really satisfied with
it.
>Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The Babylon 5 Security Manual has some nice colour stills of both ships,
and shows them to be a pale-to-mid grey with some darker grey panelling;
the Hyperion has broad stripes of mid-blue round both "towers" and the
forward hull. BTW, there is also a rear-threequarter shot of the
Hyperion
which answers a post from a while back - the three engine nozzles are
NOT
exactly in line, but the centre one is staggered downwards by much LESS
than the AoG mini has it - it should only be very slightly below the
others. Boy, is this getting picky.....  :)

Jon (GZG)