Prev: Re: Interested in working on an official GZG publication? Next: Re: Full Thrust III

Re: Pictures/descriptions of GZG buildings?

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 22:46:37 +0000
Subject: Re: Pictures/descriptions of GZG buildings?

>Jon T. wrote:
>
>> >On the back cover of DSII, there's a nice Microtac cityscape - the
same
>> >that was in the 1996 GZG catalogue. One of the buildings had a
>cylindrical
>> >tower with a squarish top (much wider than the tower itself). What
is
>this?
>> >(Ie, I want one, what's the name of the piece? :-)
>>
>> The tower section is from the MT-37 add-on tower pack, and the top is
the
>> MT-35 Landing pad (also included in cityset pack 1) mounted on an
>inverted
>> tower base section (also from MT-37 and in cityset pack 1). This
method
>> allows any top or intermediate module section to be mounted on a
tower
>> piece.
>
>Hm. Um... I have one tower base (looks like the one the tower stands
on,
>it's visible on the picture) and one cylindrical tower with a cupola on
the
>top, but apart from the general shape my tower doesn't look very much
like
>the one on the picture and I don't see how to fit an inverted tower
base on
>top of it (not without removing the cupola, which - considering the
>brittleness of the resin - I'm not quite sure if I dare to do)...?

Resin actually razor-saws quite safely if you are careful, but the tower
with the dome on top is a different part to the one in the picture. The
one
you have is supplied with the cityset pack, but the other bits (inc. the
"knob" bit you mention) are only in the MT-37 add-on pack, along with an
extra tower base.

>Looking at the pictures again, there is another sleek tower on the
>left-hand bridge building. This tower seems to "swell" towards the top,
and
>has a knob on its end (Full Thrust, indeed ;-) which looks very similar
>the cupola on the tower I have, but its base (visible in the DSII
pictures)
>is the same as the tower carrying the MT-35 Landing Pad. Since my tower
>doesn't "swell", it seems like this left-hand tower in the picture is
>composed of two different tower sections - one lower, thinner
(identical to
>the one carrying the landing pad) and one upper, thicker (identical to
the
>one I have). Is this correct?

Yes; see above. MT-37 consists of 4 different bits - a tower with dome
as
you have already, a cylindrical tower with flat end that can be used as
an
extension piece, and the "knob" tower top, plus one tower base plate.

>> >Also, are there any pictures of the "small/medium general-purpose
>> >buildings" (MT-1 and MT-2) anywhere on the 'net (or in the DSII
rules)?

>> Some of the MT 1 and 2 packs are used for the small "settlement" in
the
>> "beach assault" piccie in DSII (with the hovertanks making the
amphibious
>> landing) - sorry, don't have a copy to hand so can't give you the
page
>no.
>
>You don't have to :-) It's page 27. I suspected it was them, but  I
wasn't
>sure :-)

Note the bigger building in this shot is the MT-30 barracks block.

Jon (GZG)