Prev: Full Thrust III Next: Re: Interested in working on an official GZG publication?

Re: Sculpting details into hard materials

From: carlparl@j... (Carl J Parlagreco)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 17:38:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Sculpting details into hard materials

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 10:00:14 -0500 (EST) Rick Rutherford
<rickr@ss1.digex.net> writes:
>On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Andy Skinner wrote:
>> Another way, I think, would be to add detail, rather than carving
>it.
>> Cut bits of plastic and glue it to the basic shape you already have.
>
>> This could be little bits of models (I think a cheap plastic
>battleship
>> model goes a long way for bits), or pieces of plastic sheeting cut
>for
>> armor plates.
>
>I did this with the GZG resin vehicles -- I had some plastic bits &
>pieces
>left over from a model tank kit (the one I used to make the 25mm grav
>tank). I cut the plastic bits & pieces into squares & rectangles, and
>glued them onto the sides of the resin vehicle. Of course, this led
>the
>more observant people to ask, "Why are there spare treads attached to
>a Goliath Mk. II grav tank?" (Answer: Oops... I thought it looked cool
>at the time... :)
>
>--
Uh, the crew put them on as extra armor protection, because they
couldn't
find any sandbags. I think Sherman crews did that in WW2, at any rate.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Prev: Full Thrust III Next: Re: Interested in working on an official GZG publication?