Prev: Re: SGII Rules Next: Re: EFSB missiles

Re: Sculpting details into hard materials

From: Andy Skinner <askinner@a...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 08:30:53 -0500
Subject: Re: Sculpting details into hard materials

> > On a FT note:  does anybody have a reliable way of carving 'decking'
> > details into things like hardened Sculpy?  (By decking, I mean to
add texture
> > so that it looks like armour plate, as opposed to a solid block of
clay.

Another way, I think, would be to add detail, rather than carving it.
Cut bits of plastic and glue it to the basic shape you already have.
This could be little bits of models (I think a cheap plastic battleship
model goes a long way for bits), or pieces of plastic sheeting cut for
armor plates.

Not that I'm an experience modeller, but I think it would work.

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner@avs.com

Prev: Re: SGII Rules Next: Re: EFSB missiles