Prev: Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players Next: B5 White Star Miniature

Re: Gaming Setting Conversion to DS II/SG II

From: Jonathan Jarrard <jjarrard@f...>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 09:50:49 -0500
Subject: Re: Gaming Setting Conversion to DS II/SG II

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998 09:53:18, -0500, HRAZ71A@prodigy.com (MR DAVID E
> PETERS) wrote:
>
>      I would like to take an informal survery of five RPG settings
> that have a conflict setting that might
> be benificial to use DS II and SG II to resolve large scale combat.

>     The settings are as follows:
>
>      1. Heavy Gear
>      2. Fading Suns
>      3. Traveller
>      4. BattleTech
>      5. Albedo

Well, I'd have to rate them as follows:

1. Albedo

   This isn't all that popular a game, but it is easily the background
   closest in spirit and detail to DSII.  Tech levels are similar, and
   it should be a very easy conversion.

2. Traveller

   Next closest to the standard DSII background, and a game that has
   always cried out for a better set of rules.

3.  Fading Suns

    I'm not familiar with the game, and therefore have no objections.

4.  Heavy Gear

    Neat game, not too far removed from the spirit of DSII.  However, I
    think the existing rules handle things just fine, so why convert to
    DSII?

5.  Battletech

    They already have several sets of mass combat rules and scads of
    game support.  Battletech depends on an illogical supremacy of
    'mechs which would badly strain DSII.  (Plus, I'm just not
    interested in that background.)

Prev: Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players Next: B5 White Star Miniature