Prev: asteroid in-bound scenario Next: Re: DS2 Moonbase Xi

Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 09:46:07 +0000
Subject: Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players

>I had a question for people using GW's WH40K figures for playing
>Stargrunt 2. Do you make use of the full Power Armour rules for Space
>Marines. I realize that in WH40K these guys are supposed to be in
>Power Armour, but SG2's Power Armour seems to give them an unfair
>advantage. In particular, they get to double their roll in Close
>Combat. In a recent game, 9 Orks attacked 5 marines and the marines
>completely wasted them with one casualty on average die rolls. This
>seemed to be a bit extreme.
>
>What do you guys think?
>

>Allan Goodall	      agoodall@sympatico.ca
>
>"Once again, the half time score,
> Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
>  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Though I don't use 40K stuff, from what I recall of the background the
Marines armour really doesn't give them anything like the abilities that
SGII PA does. I would suggest just using it like full combat armour
(like
our NSL figs).

Jon (GZG)

Prev: asteroid in-bound scenario Next: Re: DS2 Moonbase Xi