Prev: Re: Full Thrust Background Next: Re: RoboTech Dirtside II Adaption

Re: Casting your own mini

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 12:27:55 +0000
Subject: Re: Casting your own mini

>>>I've often wondered how to do it and have tons (almost literally) of
>>>fantasy minis for lead.  I don't have the first clue on how to create
>>>miniature though, is there a book or kit, can I do this with out
>>>spending a lot of money?
>
>And while we're on the subject, does anyone know any good techniques
for
>casting small items like gun barrels? My specific problem: I've got a
Ral
>Partha Ogre which is missing one main gun barrel and a couple of the
six
>side guns. A friend of mine has been trying but is having horrible luck
>with air bubbles. Suggestions?

Little, fine stuff like this is where hand-casting (aka Drop-casting)
often
falls down. With enough venting of the mould (ie: air escape channels)
it
can work, but this is where you really need a centrifugal casting
machine......

Maybe others with more handcasting experience can help you.

Jon (GZG)