Prev: Re: Non Violent Weapons Next: Re: Supplier contacts anyone?

Re: Non Violent Weapons

From: jfoster@k... (Jim 'Jiji' Foster)
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 20:32:26 -0600
Subject: Re: Non Violent Weapons

>This is an excellent area for SF extrapolation. How about a "snot
>bomb?" It detonates over troops and drops an expanding foam guck on
>top of them. And that's just a "top of the head" idea.

WH40K had the web gun, which fired a sticky weblike blob over an area,
and
the tangler grenade. As I recall, the tangler actually affected the
local
gravity field to cause the victims to fall down. Somewhere, I've heard
mention of a foam grenade that would encase a victim in a porous epoxy
that
would harden around the victim. The encased could breathe, but had to be
chipped out later.

The tangler grenade from Star Frontiers worked in a similar way to the
web
gun, ejecting "hundreds of strong, sticky polymer threads." There was
some
SF RPG that mentioned a tangler type gun that fired quasi-living tangler
threads...the more one struggled, the more they clamped down. Harmless,
except in cases where unethical security units fired a round down a
victim's throat....

------
Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28

"That's the way we all begin," said Tom Platt. "The boys they make
believe
all the time till they've cheated 'emselves into bein' men, an' so till
they die--pretendin' and pretendin'."
    Rudyard Kipling, _Captains Courageous_

Prev: Re: Non Violent Weapons Next: Re: Supplier contacts anyone?