Prev: RE: going to try SGII (long) Next: Re: How about MANCHESTER Thrust?

Re: going to try SGII (long)

From: Andy Skinner <askinner@a...>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 16:37:36 -0500
Subject: Re: going to try SGII (long)

Glover, Owen wrote:
[snip my question about whether you could tell if a squad was
suppressed, and thus ignore it for a turn]

> Well, another good question. You could ask similarly about a squad
that
> has dropeed its CL to BROKEN. Obviously can't fire back at you unless
> fired at, so can we ignore it? We actually had this situation last
> night. Again, playing by the spirit of the rules we determined that
our
> squad would not be able to tell the difference between a steady CO
squad
> and a suppressed or BR squad. If the squad was enough of a threat to
> attract your fire in the first place and it hasn't moved away from you
> then you would be bound to continue engaging it until some other enemy
> unit became a greater threat or if perhaps the Pl Leader gave specific
> orders to direct fire elsewhere.
>
> Reasonable?

I think so.  I'd say if you were pretty sure you had given it a good
pounding, and there was another squad of similar threat, it would make
sense to lower the first one's priority a bit.	But I'll wait and see if
it comes up.

Tom Barclay responded and pointed out that in reality you might not even
know when you had taken out the last man in a squad.  So you might
actually keep shooting at an empty clump of trees.  :-)  I thought that
sounded like an interesting game, where you'd hit a spot really hard,
hoping to get rid of the opposition there, and then sprint to where you
were going, hoping you were right.  But I don't think I want to play the
necessary complications at this point. :-)

Thanks,
andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner@avs.com

Prev: RE: going to try SGII (long) Next: Re: How about MANCHESTER Thrust?