Prev: Some Thoughts on Artillery Next: Re: Some Thoughts on Artillery

Re: GZG Ontario Con - Request

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 10:48:10 +0000
Subject: Re: GZG Ontario Con - Request

>Hi, Jon.
>
>After the success of the East Cost game con run by Mark Kochte, Jon
>Davis, et al, I'm determining the feasibility of running a GZG based
>con in Toronto in late September.
>
>Jon tells me that one of his first steps was to ask your permission to
>use the Ground Zero Games name while promoting the convention. Like
>the other con, I'd like to be able to use the GZG name as part of the
>name of the convention, but with proper attribution given and with the
>proviso that the convention is NOT sponsored by GZG and that GZG is in
>no way affiliated with, or responsible for, the convention. Please let
>me know if this is acceptable, or if you have any further provisos,
>concerns, or comments.
>
>The convention will be run similarly to the previous convention:
>strictly Ground Zero Games rules (including B5 rules in the EFSB)
>played in a mature and fun atmosphere. The convention will be "not for
>profit" (a Canadian legal entity that doesn't afford us the status--or
>hassle--of a tax-free charity but gives us a break on taxes not given
>to a profit producing business). The convention will run over the
>course of one weekend.
>
>Right now I'm just conducting a feasibility study. It's possible that
>it may go no further than that (I'm particularly concerned about the
>availability of function space). We have a core group of Toronto
>players on the list who are (at the moment) eager to help. I'm hoping
>for a turn out of around two dozen, but I don't think that thirty
>would be out of the question.
>

>Allan Goodall	      agoodall@sympatico.ca
>
>"Once again, the half time score,
> Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
>  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Allan - this is fine with me. Sadly I probably won't be able to make it
over, as September is a very busy time for UK shows, but I'll send you
some
prize stuff (some was sent for the GZG-ECC, but didn't arrive in time
due
to the combined efforts of the US and UK postal services...)  :(

Good luck (you may need it...)	 ;)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Some Thoughts on Artillery Next: Re: Some Thoughts on Artillery