Prev: Operation Zebra - The True Accounting Next: Casting your own mini

GZG Ontario Con - Request

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 1998 04:27:53 GMT
Subject: GZG Ontario Con - Request

Hi, Jon.

After the success of the East Cost game con run by Mark Kochte, Jon
Davis, et al, I'm determining the feasibility of running a GZG based
con in Toronto in late September.

Jon tells me that one of his first steps was to ask your permission to
use the Ground Zero Games name while promoting the convention. Like
the other con, I'd like to be able to use the GZG name as part of the
name of the convention, but with proper attribution given and with the
proviso that the convention is NOT sponsored by GZG and that GZG is in
no way affiliated with, or responsible for, the convention. Please let
me know if this is acceptable, or if you have any further provisos,
concerns, or comments.

The convention will be run similarly to the previous convention:
strictly Ground Zero Games rules (including B5 rules in the EFSB)
played in a mature and fun atmosphere. The convention will be "not for
profit" (a Canadian legal entity that doesn't afford us the status--or
hassle--of a tax-free charity but gives us a break on taxes not given
to a profit producing business). The convention will run over the
course of one weekend.

Right now I'm just conducting a feasibility study. It's possible that
it may go no further than that (I'm particularly concerned about the
availability of function space). We have a core group of Toronto
players on the list who are (at the moment) eager to help. I'm hoping
for a turn out of around two dozen, but I don't think that thirty
would be out of the question.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Operation Zebra - The True Accounting Next: Casting your own mini