Prev: RE: going to try SGII (long) Next: Re: DS: SAW versus APSW versus RFAC

Re: Ship mini's mounts

From: "Brent Jacobson" <sirrufustb@s...>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 17:33:56 -0600
Subject: Re: Ship mini's mounts

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Francis <TONY@simis.co.uk>
To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk <FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk>
Date: Friday, March 06, 1998 2:27 AM

>  Actually I'm using something similar, the plastic 3 legged 'tables'
that
come
>  with delivered pizza so the box doesn't crush the pizza in the
middle.
Flip
>  them over with the prongs up and you have a great base for my
Superior
Models
>  ships will all their bottom detail.	I plan to paint them black and
mark
>  headings and arcs on them for more clarity.	Note that there are
several
>  slightly different kinds and sizes of these plastic things so sample
pizzas
>  from wherever you can to find which ones work best (hopefully their
pizza
is
>  good too ;-).
How about using them as fighter bases ? Spray 'em black, stick one
fighter model on each leg, put a dice in the middle and there you go.
Tony Francis

I personally use sculpty(hobby model clay) and clothes hangers for both
ships and fighters.  This is a cheap and effective way to base models
and
allows me to tailor make the bases for different sized models.
Rufus

Prev: RE: going to try SGII (long) Next: Re: DS: SAW versus APSW versus RFAC