Prev: Re: Ship mini's mounts Next: Re: GZG - East Coast Report - Star Grunt report

Re: going to try SGII (long)

From: Jonathan white <jw4@b...>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 14:10:47 +0000
Subject: Re: going to try SGII (long)

>Questions:
>1) I'm not sure about just what the word "weapon" means in the rule
that
>no weapon may be fired twice.	Does it mean a particular piece of
metal,
>in a particular guy's hands?  Or does it mean a kind of weapon?  For
>example (and sorry if I missed it in the rules--some things in their
are
>spread out over several pages and I don't see them), can I split my
>small arms fire into two actions?  With the first meaning of weapon, I
>can put 2 guys' weapons against one squad in one action, and 3 guys'
>weapons against another squad in another action.  With the meaning that
>"weapon" in this case means their regular rifles as a kind of weapon,
>then they can only shoot that kind of weapon in one action during their
>activation.  Which is it?
In the main rules you can 'split' the support weapon off and fire it
separately if you wish. If you want to split your small arms fire I
suspect
you would have to detach a group from the squad (making two mini squads)
and work your fire like that. There are rules for making detached
groups.
Basically, your 'main' group would use one action to fire and the
commander
would use the other action to activate the detached group, who could
then
fire at a separate target. The main rules tend to imply that if a squad
targets something, they all shoot at it.

>2) I had a question about "in position" markers, but I found the
answer.
>:)
Goodoh.

>3) Do you make a decision about whether a move is normal or a combat
>move, or does the situation (as judged by both players) always
>determine?  Or both, in that if the situation is obviously under fire
>you make a combat move, in other situations you decide?
My group declares when they begin the action - you either say "I'm
moving
this group" in which case it's normal 6" or whatever or you say "I'm
doing
a combat move to that {thing} there" in which case you roll the dice.

>4) If you get more potential hits than there are figures in the target
>squad, do the potential hits get applied more than once to those
>figures?
I don't know if this is official but it's a house rule of ours that yes
you
can. Furthermore any wounded figure CAN take another hit from the same
burst of fire and if wounded again is considered dead. (We rule that
wounded figures cannot be targeted in subsequent bursts of fire).

			TTFN
				Jon

Prev: Re: Ship mini's mounts Next: Re: GZG - East Coast Report - Star Grunt report