Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish game Next: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

Re: Care and Feeding of Dice (was Re: GZG East Coast Con Report)

From: BJCantwell <BJCantwell@a...>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 20:15:11 EST
Subject: Re: Care and Feeding of Dice (was Re: GZG East Coast Con Report)

>  I had a friend once get so mad at his lousey rolling that he threw a
six
> sider at the
>  table as hard as he could, which broke the die clean in half (both
haves
fit
> back together
>  really well), the funny part is that after that we all rolled really
well
> for the rest of
>  the evening, like he scarded the rest of the dice into behaving or
something
> :)

I have a friend who uses the same technique with golf clubs.  He has a
vast
collection of crappy old clubs and whenever he misses several shots in a
row,
he breaks a club over his knee and leaves it in a crossbones
configuration
next to the trash can :)  Doesn't seem to intimidate the rest of his
clubs
much though :)

As for dice, the most abusive we get is to toss the little buggers
across the
living room, which also subjects them to being cat toys for a while.
Settler's of Catan is the worst game for generating dice-hate.

Later

Brian

Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish game Next: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report