Prev: Re: going to try SGII Next: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

Re: going to try SGII

From: Andy Skinner <askinner@a...>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 16:25:18 -0500
Subject: Re: going to try SGII

Geo-Hex wrote:
> Make sure you have an ECM figure in the command squad - I would go so
> far as to eliminate the devastators and replace them with an FO and
> an ECM tech for that real command squad flavor.

Except I haven't read enough to know what they would be for.  This is my
first battle, and I figured I'd just add things that shoot for now.

> An individual can have more than one weapon but can only fire "once
> per activation".

I thought I read it as "no weapon may be fired more than once per
activation", not "no individual can fire more than once per
activation."  Is it worded that latter way somewhere?

> For instance, the robot fig looks like
> > it has two weapons, and I was going to say it had one support weapon
and
> > one equivalent to the 3, D10 weapon carried by the termies.  Can it
add
> > both to a shot?
>
> You will have to add fire control systems to the robot and if you
> have more than one fire control you could fire both weapons, and fire
> them at two different targets if you wished.	But if it had only a
> single fire control it could only fire one weapon once.

Actually, I think I intended to use the robot figure as a heavy power
armor trooper, a bit heavier than the other guys he's with.  I should
have been more clear.  Do I need the fire control because he's a robot
(in which case I don't, 'cause he's not), or to fire more than once?  I
was trying to avoid vehicle rules for this game, too, but maybe firecons
are useful for other things?

thanks,
andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner@avs.com

Prev: Re: going to try SGII Next: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report