Prev: Re: SF Quotes <off topic> Next: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: Should we register gzg.com?

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 03:02:34 GMT
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: Should we register gzg.com?

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998 08:03:37 +0000, Ground Zero Games
<jon@gzero.dungeon.com> wrote:

>Many thanks for the kind thought, everyone, but I've just applied for
it
>myself anyway (gzg.com); I'm contemplating whether it is worth getting
>another one or two (eg: groundzerogames.com, or maybe full-thrust.com -
>which IS available, though fullthrust is taken), but they'll have to
wait
>till I can afford it if they're still around. gzg.com will do for the
time
>being.

It's probably worth it. I know the big companies tend to grab every
possible configuration they can think of for their domain and then
point it back to the main site. This way anyone can type in what they
think the site's address should be and they are usually right. As a
business investment it could be helpful. It also helps with the old
trademark thing.

Grab them when you can afford it if they are available. Once they are
gone, you are out of luck.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: SF Quotes <off topic> Next: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report