Prev: Re: Gamer girls can go to #$%&!!! Next: Re: Stargrunt Support Weapons

Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

From: Step awaaaay from the wiffle bat! <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 17:44:11 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

>> Yup.  Like I said, tried out DSII and SGII, and even getting my squad
>> completely wiped out by PA troops in the SGII game (darn Mimbari!)
>> didn't kill my interest... of course, my plans involve using Heavy
Gear
>> minis as size 1 walkers. <grin>
>
>	Indy, you've got to post your B5 forces for DSII/SGII.	You just
got to
>man!

:-)

Now, mind you, when I put this scenario together, my experience with
powered armor troops was fairly minimal, and when I have seen them
used, they didn't appear to be the monster-killers they turned out to
be. Thus the forces are kinda unbalanced (esp after how I saw Dean and
Thomas use the close-assault options, something I've not really seen
done before).

To be fair, one EF squad got fairly seperated from the other two and
assumed the full attentions of one Minbari fireteam (read:
close-assault),
which decimated it (the EF squad). The Omega and Alpha squads managed to
keep closer together, and Alpha squad supported Omega in re-activations
to allow Omega to lay sufficient firepower into Minbari fireteam 1 that
3 Minbari powered armor troops were killed over the course of several
turns. However, the other Minbari fireteam then close-assaulted Alpha
squad, and in follow-through, obliterated them, and then took on Omega
squad, obliterating them.

---
EARTH FORCE:

Alpha Squad - rifle team
6 men
Partial Light Armor (Coleman MA-6 body armor) - d6
Mobility = 6"
Enhanced Sensors
Small Arms: EF-PR (advanced assault rifle) - 2 firepower, d10 impact
Support Weap: EF-749/AC (advanced PPG machinegun - SAW) - d10 firepower,
							   d8 impact
Other: Leader (Vet 1), EW & Comp Expert

Beta Squad - rifle team
6 men
Partial Light Armor (Coleman MA-6 body armor) - d6
Mobility = 6"
Enhanced Sensors
Small Arms: EF-PR (advanced assault rifle) - 2 firepower, d10 impact
Support Weap: EF-749/AC-II (heavy PPG machinegun - SAW) - d10 firepower,
							  d10 impact
	      Laser Sniping Rifle - d12 firepower, d8 impact
Other: Reg 2

Omega Squad - elite rifle team
6 men
Full Suit Light Armor (KR-4/Bx enviro suit) - d8
Mobility = 6"
Enhanced Sensors
Small Arms: EF-PR (advanced assault rifle) - 2 firepower, d10 impact
Support Weap: EF-749/AC-III Infantry Plasma Gun - d6 firepower, d12*
impact
Other: Vet 2

MINBARI:

Fire Team 1
6 men
Light Powered Armor - d10
Mobility = 8"
Enhanced Sensors
Small Arms: Advanced Assault Rifle w/GL - 3 firepower, d10 impact
Support Weap: Plasma Rapid-Fire Cannon (SAW) - d10 firepower, d12 impact
	      FireStorm Cannon - d8 firepower, d10* impact
Other: Leader (Vet 1)

Fire Team 1
6 men
Light Powered Armor - d10
Mobility = 8"
Enhanced Sensors
Small Arms: Advanced Assault Rifle w/GL - 3 firepower, d10 impact
Support Weap: Plasma Rapid-Fire Cannon (SAW) - d10 firepower, d12 impact
	      FireStorm Cannon - d8 firepower, d10* impact
Other: Vet 2

---
There ya go, for what it's worth.

Mk
-
"I taught you how to deal with snow, how to survive in a blizzard, how
deal with men. But women? Nobody knows what's on a woman's mind!"

Prev: Re: Gamer girls can go to #$%&!!! Next: Re: Stargrunt Support Weapons