Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish game Next: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+@C...>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 23:12:52 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

Guess I'll hop in with the rest of the attendees and say, you guys did a
darn good job.	Finally put some faces to names, and had a lot of fun...
finally tried out DSII and SGII, as well.  Great stuff!

Excerpts from FT: 3-Mar-98 Re: GZG East Coast Con Report by Jon
Davis@albany.net
> Thanks, Rick.  I'm glad you had a great time on Saturday.  The
> general consensus from the rest of the attendees is to plan a repeat.

> Give the organizers a chance to catch our breath and we'll begin to
plan the
> next one.

Cool.  I wonder if you can get Zimmerman's to open for Sunday morning,
though.  (For the record, *nothing* in Lancaster is open Sundays.
'Course, I htink most of the people are... not Amish, Mennonites mebbe?
Anyway.)  For those of you who didn't go there (which may well be
everyone but me & Jerry, actually) you missed some great food. ^_^

> Very impressive miniatures.  Thomas Barclay and I used Stuart's Star
> Gruntfigures for the Saturday morning SG game.  Too bad most of
Thomas' died.
> He or Stuart will be writing up an after-action report for this game
and post
> it to the list.  It had a cinematic ending that had to be witnessed to
be
> believed.

Or you just had to hear the screams of disbelief from across the
room.... ^_-

> > There were no game dealers, but Geo-Hex arranged to have prizes
given to
> > the winners of the games and the painting contest, and I think
everyone
> > came away from the convention with at least one blister pack of
figures
> > (thanks, KR!).

Aye-yup.  Thanks to the prize-givers, they are much appreciated! ^_^

> Bill Char at Game Masters also sent miniatures for prizes.  I picked
up a
> Cyclops MAATAC as a prize and I will plan on getting	more for
> Dirtside, as well as some appropriate opponents.  Thank you, Bill.

Yeah -- I got a Colossus.  Talk about a way to get people to buy more of
your figs, just give 'em *one*....  (And now I need some NAC infantry to
go with the blister I got... maybe a few more Sa'vasku ships... aw,
man.... ^_- )

> It was exhausting, but it was a lot of fun.  Many of us got to play
other
> games in the GZG family for the first time and generated a lot more
interest
> for the other games.

Yup.  Like I said, tried out DSII and SGII, and even getting my squad
completely wiped out by PA troops in the SGII game (darn Mimbari!)
didn't kill my interest... of course, my plans involve using Heavy Gear
minis as size 1 walkers. <grin>

LAter,
		    Aaron Teske
		    Mithramuse+@cmu.edu

Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish game Next: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report