Prev: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report Next: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 19:30:09 -0500
Subject: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

> Congratulations to Jon Davis, Mark Kochte and Gil Huan -- the first
> annual(?) east coast GZG convention was quite a success! I drove up on
> Saturday morning (from Washington DC) and drove back Saturday evening,
> so I can't comment on Friday or Sunday's events. Saturday, however,
was
> a hell of a lot of fun!

Thanks, Rick.  I'm glad you had a great time on Saturday.  The
generalconsensus from the rest of the attendees is to plan a repeat.
Give the

organizers a chance to catch our breath and we'll begin to plan the next
one.

> There were about 20 entries in the painting contest (I won 2nd place
in
> the Stargrunt category for my scratch-built 25mm scale grav tank, and
> Stuart Murray's well-painted Stargrunt squad won 1st place).

Very impressive miniatures.  Thomas Barclay and I used Stuart's Star
Gruntfigures for the Saturday morning SG game.	Too bad most of Thomas'
died.
He or Stuart will be writing up an after-action report for this game and
post
it to the list.  It had a cinematic ending that had to be witnessed to
be
believed.

> There were no game dealers, but Geo-Hex arranged to have prizes given
> the winners of the games and the painting contest, and I think
everyone
> came away from the convention with at least one blister pack of
figures
> (thanks, KR!).

Bill Char at Game Masters also sent miniatures for prizes.  I picked up
Cyclops MAATAC as a prize and I will plan on getting  more for
Dirtside, as well as some appropriate opponents.  Thank you, Bill.

Mark and I discussed dealers and we'd definitely would want one or
more present at the next one.  I purchased some Pendraken figures from
Jim Bell and I would have picked up more figures if they were available.

It was exhausting, but it was a lot of fun.  Many of us got to play
other
games in the GZG family for the first time and generated a lot more
interest
for the other games.

Jon

Prev: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report Next: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report