Prev: More Thrust Next: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust and old SFB

Re: Solitaire robots for FT

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 23:31:00 -0800
Subject: Re: Solitaire robots for FT

<Hosford.donald@acd.net>
> sounds like something mentioned in a Fred Saberhagen berserker story.
The evil machines
> had a mind scrambling ray and a pet chimp,
> had to fight the ship while the humans were
> "out to lunch" The chimp used a game with tiles to give a near
intelligence to
> it's behavior when running the ship.
>
>	  I'll try to see if I can hobble something together...
>
>	  PS sorry about the last messages formating. I have a strange
> connection to my e-mail account so my formating can get really screwed
up.
> Hopefully this time is a little better.

That was the "box and bead" system.  You had one box for each position
in the game.  On the
face of each box, you had a diagram for that position, and colored
arrows to show the
possible moves.  You would draw out a bead, and make that move.  Nice
and simple in
thought, but unmanageable in practice.	Tic-Tac-Toe (or Naughts and
Crosses) requires some
400 boxes just for the first few moves...

Donald Hosford

Prev: More Thrust Next: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust and old SFB