Prev: Solitaire robots for FT Next: Re: %%$$^&#! Missed our Chance

RE: SF Quotes <off topic>

From: "<Mark Andrew Siefert>" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 13:35:54 -0600 (CST)
Subject: RE: SF Quotes <off topic>

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, Samuel Penn wrote:

> In message <888610465.1117155.0@kryten.acs.bolton.ac.uk>
>	    Rob Paul <rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > How about one from real life:
>
> One of my favourites then:
>
> "Kill them all, and let God sort them out."

	"Slay them all, God will know his own." is closer to the actual
quote.

> Said during one of the many Crusades, when someone was asked
> how to differentiate between the Christians and Muslims in
> a city that had just been taken by Christian forces.

	Close, but not quite.  The first recorded utterance of this
quote
was from a monk (his name escapes me) during the Albegensian Crusade.
The
target of this particular crusade were the Albegensians (aka Cathers),
followers of a gnostic religion that lived predominatly in Southern
France.

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"What do you want from us?  We're evil!  EVIL!!!"

				--Dr. Clayton Forrestor and TV's Frank.
				  MST3K, "Cave Dwellers"

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Solitaire robots for FT Next: Re: %%$$^&#! Missed our Chance