Prev: Couple of Stargrunt questions.. Next: Re: Starship Miniatures From Pendraken Figures

Re: Ship mini's mounts

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@b...>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 98 09:36:53 -0600
Subject: Re: Ship mini's mounts

Donald Hosford wrote:

> I saw an item that might work for a display stand.  I don't know what
> they are called, but they use 'em to cover up power outlets so the
> kids stay out of 'em.  They look like a plastic circle about 1 1/4"
> across, with two prongs sticking up.	I think they would be perfect
> mounts for the larger ship minis.

 Actually I'm using something similar, the plastic 3 legged 'tables'
that come
 with delivered pizza so the box doesn't crush the pizza in the middle.
Flip
 them over with the prongs up and you have a great base for my Superior
Models
 ships will all their bottom detail.  I plan to paint them black and
mark
 headings and arcs on them for more clarity.  Note that there are
several
 slightly different kinds and sizes of these plastic things so sample
pizzas
 from wherever you can to find which ones work best (hopefully their
pizza is
 good too ;-).

 They can work well with EFSB type of 'Real' thrust movement, since a
marked
 base can indicate the heading of the ship and the mini can be rotated
to show
 correct facing.

 Dean Gundberg
 dean.gundberg@bcbsnd.com

 Interviewer: "So, are you powerful enough to destroy the Earth?"
 The Tick: "Gosh I hope not!  That's where I keep all of my stuff!"

Prev: Couple of Stargrunt questions.. Next: Re: Starship Miniatures From Pendraken Figures