Prev: Ship mini's mounts Next: RE: SGII: Transfering Action Example Please?

Re: SGII: Transfering Action Example Please?

From: Barry Cadwgan <bcadwgan@f...>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 16:52:37 +1100
Subject: Re: SGII: Transfering Action Example Please?

Glover, Owen wrote:

> > ----------
> > From:	  Mark A. Siefert.[SMTP:cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu]
> > Subject:	  SGII: Transfering Action Example Please?
> >
> > I've finally decided to dust of my copy of SGII and introduce it to
my
> > new FT playgroup.  However, while re-reading the rules, I found
myself
> > stumped over the transferance of actions by command elements.  Could
> > someone give me an example?
> >
> Certainly,
>
> Situation:
>
> Pl advancing to secure cross roads. One squad has come under fire from
> troops on high ground beyond the cross roads and has gone to ground
(Has
> one suppression marker).
>
> Pl Comd squad wishes to send a command to the suppressed squad. To do
> this he needs to send a communication to 'Activate' the squad; thus
> giving the squad two actions, one to attempt to remove the suppression
> and if successful return fire. The Pl Comd squad is Regular as is the
> suppressed squad. Leaderships are Pl Comd - 1, suppressed squad 3!
>
> Pl Comd squad rolls a d8 and the result is a 4. Success! The squad can
> now attempt carry out the commands of the Pl Commander.
>
> With his other action the Pl Comd squad will attempt to activate
another
> squad to move up to support the squad under fire. In this case the
squad
> is 5 inches away so the communication is automatically received
without
> the need for a Communication Roll. As this squad has not activated
this
> turn it will still have its OWN activation later in the game turn.
> Although it will only be able to fire its weapons once during the
turn.

Actually, in the errata, each weapon can only fire once per _Activation_

As a house rule, it may be worth while having that each squad can only
be given one extra activation per turn (I got caught like this once.. my
opponent had only two squads on table... a command squad and a powered
armour squad.  The power armour was firing three times per turn!  I was
cut to ribbons.)

> Both squads must use their actions resulting from the Pl Comd
> communication immediately; effectively simultaneously.

Not exactly.  The way I'd play it, you would resolve the first squad's
two actions as the commander's first action, and the second squad's
actions as the commander's second action.

Otherwise, this is an excellent example of the command rules and
showcases one of the two strrengths of	Stargrunt : The Command control
system/turn sequence.

--
Barry Cadwgan ( BCADWGAN@FL.NET.AU )
http://www.users.fl.net.au/~bcadwgan/homepage.htm

Prev: Ship mini's mounts Next: RE: SGII: Transfering Action Example Please?