Prev: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust and old SFB Next: Re: Starship Miniatures From Pendraken Figures

Re: DS2: Weapon Choice

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 11:26:53 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: DS2: Weapon Choice

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Brian Bell wrote:

> Quick Survey:
> Which would you choose to place on your vehicle?
>  MDC/5
>  HEL/5
>
> The MDC/5 has a larger damage potnetial at close and medium ranges
> because it draws more colors of chits. But the HEL/5 has a better
chance
> of hitting at medium and long ranges (for the MDC) since everything is
> considered close range.
> --
> Brian Bell
> brian.bell@axom.com

MDC/5 , no question. The HEL has only 6" more range, and much lower
damage
probabilities. Add the possibility of Ablative armour on the target, and
you have a HEL that isn't worth a great deal. The HEL may hit more, but
I'll bet the MDC/5 kills more often.

The only place I'd mount HELs is on small interceptor aerospace fighters
-
Size 2 aerospace, mounting twin-HEL/2s - because VTOLs and aerospace
vehicles have so much less armour than ground targets, the HEL is more
likely to score a kill - and the long range lessens the interceptors
exposure to return fire...

My $0.02,

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)