Prev: Transfers: The man to speak to Next: Re: [off topic] SF Quotes

Re: Custom Miniatures

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 07:43:34 -0700
Subject: Re: Custom Miniatures

>Dear FT'ers,
>
>I am considering making some custom resin miniatures and have been
wondering
>if anyone on the list has tried this before.

There's a molding and casting FAQ available. If you look on
rec.games.miniatures.misc, someone posted info on the update
mailing list sometime in the past few days.

>I can't seem to be able to
>find any mini's that I would buy anymore.  Since the move from lead,
I've
>seen some really bad quality mini's out there.  I just don't have the
time
>to remove half the mini due to excess flashing just to be able to paint
the
>thing.
>
>The process I'm planning on using is to make a primary model of the
mini.
>Then create a mold using silicon rubber, which will be split in half
>(top/bottom).

<nit type=peeve frequency=common>
I hope you mean "silicone". Silicon is very brittle and
difficult to work with.
</nit>

>Any info anyone has, or comments would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Stuart Ford

Samuel Reynolds
http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com

Prev: Transfers: The man to speak to Next: Re: [off topic] SF Quotes