Prev: Re: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers Next: Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage

Re: Hunter MMRAV SG2 Conversion to DS2

From: Tony Francis <TONY@s...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:52:42 +0000
Subject: Re: Hunter MMRAV SG2 Conversion to DS2

> However, the Hunter listed that it has a HKP/2. DS2 states that the
> minimum size for HKP is 3. What is the correct way to handle this?
>  1) Use a MDC/2
>  2) Adjust DS2 to allow HKP/2
>  3) Other?

Go for an HKP/2.
We have some house rules that basically allow us to ignore some of
the restrictions along these lines. Because the DS2 points system is
algorithmic rather than setting fixed points values for given weapon
systems, it just continues to work even if you go outside its bounds.
The combat system will also just work (this rule system just gets
better the deeper you look into it). By lifting some if the minimum /
maximum size restrictions you can also have previously prohibited
vehicles such as size 2 and 3 combat walkers (I never understood why
you couldn't have these in the first place). The beauty of the way
DS2 works is that you can do this without having to invent any
special house rules for your new, 'illegal' system - as long as your
opponent agrees to you using a system outside the parameters in the
rules, their can be no dispute about its cost and effectiveness. One
rule we don't allow to be broken is the 'maximum armour for a vehicle
is the same as its class' one (jeeps with armour-5, anyone ?).

> Also it lists that it has Decoy launchers and Smoke launchers. What
> would be the DS2 cost and space requirment for these items. What range
would
> the smoke launchers have? If you launch a drone, can you use it to
> spot for artillery?

You could consider the decoys / smoke discharges to be a form of PDS ?

Tony Francis
(tony@simis.co.uk)

Brigade Models website
    http://www.uk-net.com/uk/freeweb/users/brigade

Prev: Re: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers Next: Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage