Prev: Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage Next: Re: Heroes and Characters in StarGrunt/Dirtside

Re: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 22:22:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers

Thomas Barclay wrote:
> I would imagine futuristic combat vessels would require either
> 1. outrageous ECM suites to fool the enemy targetting
> 2. high maneouvre caps (crew inside liquid or foam suspension
> capsules to cushion against G shock or some such. I saw one book
> where they suggested replacing blood with a synthetic that took G
> compression better and modifying space crew bone structure etc). I
> would think this would be on the order of 5-10 Gs if not more.

	In SPI's RPG "Universe", a choice item of personal equipment
	was an "internal gravity web".	Intended to render the user
	resistant to high acceleration, it was a series of plastic
	webs surgically implanted to support various internal organs.

Prev: Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage Next: Re: Heroes and Characters in StarGrunt/Dirtside