Prev: Re: DSII Question- Obstacles Next: Re: Calvary

Re: 0.5 size vehicles

From: jfoster@k... (Jim 'Jiji' Foster)
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 19:38:22 -0600
Subject: Re: 0.5 size vehicles

At 09:46 2/19/98, Brian Bell wrote:
>How do you handle Micro size vehicles such as below?

>  Magnetic Repulsion Surfboards/Skateboards

Reminds me of an incident in WH40K (version 1.0, back when you could
design
*anything* with the rules and put it on the table.)

A freind and I were allies in a scenario in which we were to make a
two-pronged stealth attack on an Ork stonghold. I worked up an Eldar
force
with a variety of quiet nastiness with a War Walker on call in a
teleporter
for when things got lively. I begin sneaking through the grass.... when
my
buddy, who had gone (without my knowledge) completely bonkers over the
mutant design section sent in his troops: skeletal hominids with the
'flaming body' mutation, and flying on grav surfboards.

Stealth, of course, went straight out the window; and after a few blown
control rolls, a great deal of the table had been set aflame. But I will
admit, it was the most fun I've *ever* had playing 40K... :)

So...how many damage chits does a suicidal flaming mutant do in DSII?

------
Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28

"That's the way we all begin," said Tom Platt. "The boys they make
believe
all the time till they've cheated 'emselves into bein' men, an' so till
they die--pretendin' and pretendin'."
    Rudyard Kipling, _Captains Courageous_

Prev: Re: DSII Question- Obstacles Next: Re: Calvary