Prev: Re: Another fighter question Next: DSII damage chit chart.

Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) -LONG POST!

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 18:23:04 +0000
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) -LONG POST!

In message <199802142102.WAA08637@d1o42.telia.com>
	  "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com> wrote:

> Samuel wrote:
>
> > Interesting... Something I'd very much like to know though,
> > which wasn't mentioned, are 'real' units for length of a turn,
> > and size of an ".
> >
> > It makes a big difference to the perception of a battle (and
> > discussion over possible rules modifications) whether a turn
> > is 15 minutes long, or a few seconds.
>
> There is no official game scale, so you can assume whatever fits your
> background. Yes, it makes a big difference, but I suspect that you
need
> that difference if you use virtually the same rules to play out
battles
> between Star Wars fighters (one of the adaptions on Mark's Page) or
> Renegade Legion Leviathans.
>
> If you go with the orbital movement rules from MT (p. 13), it is
possible
> to derive a game scale where 1 MU is about 1000 km and one game turn
is
> 15-20 minutes

Yep, I came up with such figures myself using the MT orbital
rules, and yes it varies a lot from game universe to game
universe, but in the 'official' universe, there should really
be some real values.

If we don't like them, we can always ignore them, after all.

--
Be seeing you,			       http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/
Sam.				       ----- Roleplaying and Wargaming

Prev: Re: Another fighter question Next: DSII damage chit chart.