Prev: Re: Superdrone Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) - LONG POST!

Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) - LONG POST!

From: jfoster@k... (Jim 'Jiji' Foster)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 01:24:30 -0600
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) - LONG POST!

At 11:55 2/11/98, Brian Burger wrote:
>One idea I kind of like is the idea of FTL comms being possible, but
>hugely power-intensive, to the extent that only large, dedicated
stations
>can mount FTL comms, therefore only larger or vital colonies have the

Rather like ComStar in the BattleTech universe... a good compromise,
methinks. :)

>things - the rest of the colonies and all fleets make do with couriers,
>probably following some sort of semi-regular scheduale - interstellar
>postman, anyone?

Provided it's not Kevin Costner. :P

------
Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28

"That's the way we all begin," said Tom Platt. "The boys they make
believe
all the time till they've cheated 'emselves into bein' men, an' so till
they die--pretendin' and pretendin'."
    Rudyard Kipling, _Captains Courageous_

Prev: Re: Superdrone Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) - LONG POST!