Prev: Re: Universal Constants Next: Crew Quality (was Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background...) LONG POST!

Re: Full Thrust Webring

From: Jonathan white <jw4@b...>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 14:16:14 +0000
Subject: Re: Full Thrust Webring

At 13:10 12/02/98 +0000, you wrote:
>"Michael Blair" <amfortas@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> [...] I am attempting to create a webring for Full Thrust [...]
>I probably wont be the only person to ask this, but:
>What's a webring ?
A web ring is a ring of websites. Each site has a link to both the next
site round and the previous site. That way, after 'dropping in' on any
site
in the ring you can navigate round and eventually get back to where you
started. Imagine it as a circle of people holding hands.

Myself, while I can see their use, I sort of don't approve. To me, they
fundamentally 'jar' with the hypertext concept, plus they are more
laborious than (say) a page full of links. The advantage is that they
can
be centrally administrated and every page only needs to make sure the
'next' and 'previous' links are set right to the central store site.
Then
you can add and remove sites from the ring without loads of links
becoming
invalidated.

			TTFN
				JOn

Prev: Re: Universal Constants Next: Crew Quality (was Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background...) LONG POST!