Prev: Re: HUGE! Re: The wide open road, National Characteristics(NSL), and Next: Re: FT Die, Fleet Emblems

Re: GZG Mini and Dice collections?

From: "W. Nitsche" <bnitsche@u...>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 10:34:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: GZG Mini and Dice collections?

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Adrian Bruce wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How many Full Thrust minis do you goes usually use in a typical FT
game?
> I have 2 forces of around 8 ships each, mostly small stuff.

Approx. between 4 and 24 on a side.  I own 6 separate fleets:  ESU and
NAC
fleets consisting of 2 Geo-hex packs of each of the available ships; a
large Star Trek Federation fleet consisting of about 30 of the old FASA
figs.  A small fleet (about a dozen of each) of the Klingons and
Romulans.
A large fleet of the old Star Frontiers Sather ships (I lucked into 5
boxes of the ships at $8 each).  Only the GZG/Geo-hex stuff is painted.

> I also have Dirtside II ( but have never played it!) .What are '
starter', typical
> forces for that too?	I have hover tanks and	Heavy tanks from geohex,
and
> infantry and GEVs from Ral Partha, but have been doing Ogre stuff with
it.

My DSII is a hodgepodge of fig manufacturers, and none is painted yet.
One army is based on the GW Eldar figs I own as well as a ton of
anti-grav
vehicles from the Renegade Legion plastic packs.  The other is a mix of
GW
Imperial/Space Marine, OGRE minis, GZGs, and Battletech minis which I
also
use in their original systems.

> Also, what type of Dice collections do you guys have?
> What is normal?

I have a brick of 50 or so black dice I use for FT and enough dice for
each of the systems I play.  I generally buy or set aside dice for each
game I play so I can just grab and run and not carry around a big bag of
dice.  I do have the pleasure of owning 96 distinct pairs of percentile
dice (an 0 and 00 pair) from my Rolemaster days.  That is NOT normal!

A temporally displaced		Bill Nitsche (bnitsche@u.washington.edu)
	hobbit			Oceanography, University of Washington

Prev: Re: HUGE! Re: The wide open road, National Characteristics(NSL), and Next: Re: FT Die, Fleet Emblems