Prev: PBeM games Next: RE: HUGE! Re: The wide open road, National Characteristics(NSL), and FT in small places

Re: FTIII Rules Tryout

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+@C...>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 11:27:56 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: FTIII Rules Tryout

Excerpts from FT: 10-Feb-98 Re: FTIII Rules Tryout by John
Leary@sj.bigger.net
> Section 5)   The 'where shall I put it' portion of the SMB
> seemed to be rather prolonged, and not really worth the effort.
> Since the same person had the missles and the SMB it was like
> watching an instant replay of something not very interesting
> the first time 'round.

Ah... you see, that's almost more of a personality quirk than a function
of the SMBs.  I just took the counters, looked at (roughly) where
Kochte's ships were the turn before, estimated the difference, and threw
the things down.  Took all of maybe 10-20 seconds (IIRC) to place six
SMBs.  Now, if you get someone who's more anal (no offense to your
opponent) about that sort of thing... it can take a lot longer.

		    Aaron Teske
		    Mithramuse+@cmu.edu

Prev: PBeM games Next: RE: HUGE! Re: The wide open road, National Characteristics(NSL), and FT in small places