Prev: RE: FT Fleet Emblems Next: Re: FT Die, Fleet Emblems

Re: HUGE! Re: The wide open road, National Characteristics(NSL), and FT in small places

From: "Bruce S. R. Lee" <bsrlee@w...>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 01:40:48 +1100
Subject: Re: HUGE! Re: The wide open road, National Characteristics(NSL), and FT in small places

I regret to inform you that Mel (Mel Gibson) was born a New Zealander
but
was raised in Australia. Like most actors he can adjust his speaking
voice,
however the Mad Max movies were originally made with broad "Australian"
accents and were re-dubbed for international release. I don't know if
the
original versions exist on video, but they would probably be PAL system.

Bruce S. R. Lee

At 11:51 8/02/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Alan,
(hack)
>Mel's accent was REALLY toned down, from what I heard, though he WAS
born
>in the US. ;->= There is a small cult trying to find tapes with the
>original accents still attached. I know I'd be thrilled by such a
beast!
>Anyway, Road Warrior was much more into the post-apocalyptic.

(chop)