Prev: Re: FTIII Rules Tryout Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) - LONG POST!

Re: FTIII Rules Tryout

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 20:34:43 -0800
Subject: Re: FTIII Rules Tryout

Allan Goodall wrote:

> On Sun, 08 Feb 1998 20:37:17 -0800, John Leary <realjtl@sj.bigger.net>
> wrote:
> >	The point of the above is that the game while well run was
> >rather dull.
>
> I'd like to see your ship designs, actually. Or at least some samples.
> It's possible that your ship designs caused the dull game. If the
> ships were all very well protected but undergunned, this might cause a
> slow game. You might find that the heavily defended ships versus
> faster, powerful, fragile ships gives you a good game.
>
> Of course, one thing we have to see is if heavily defended, slow ships
> are unbalanced. I'm not saying this is the case, I'm only speculating.

...Snip...(JTL)
 The same MIGHT be true here.

> At any rate, I'd like to see the designs.
>
> Allan Goodall        agoodall@sympatico.ca

Allan,
     I did not keep the designs after the game, I did suggest
modifications (Rather small) and return the sheets to Phil P..
He may be willing the send the information you have requested.

Bye for now,
John l.

Prev: Re: FTIII Rules Tryout Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) - LONG POST!