Prev: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) - LONG POST! Next: Re: Late-Nite ramblings on LEGO-Grunt

HUGE! Re: The wide open road, National Characteristics(NSL), and FT in small places

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 11:51:39 -0600
Subject: HUGE! Re: The wide open road, National Characteristics(NSL), and FT in small places

Alan,
Mad Max was the first in what has become a trilogy: MM, Road Warrior,
and
MM, Beyond Thunderdome. Personally, MM always reminded me of some of
central Nebraska. Well, all except the part where the riff-raff tended
be rougher than the law. ;->=

Mel's accent was REALLY toned down, from what I heard, though he WAS
born
in the US. ;->= There is a small cult trying to find tapes with the
original accents still attached. I know I'd be thrilled by such a beast!
Anyway, Road Warrior was much more into the post-apocalyptic.

Hauke,
Never apologize about your English again! You will give us 'native
speakers' inferiority complexes!!! ;->=

Small quibbles about your comments, though. First, you actually
supported
JohnL's comments by pointing out S & G's guns being as large as they
could
get away with. However, such progress as you've mapped is seldom linear,
especially from a 'break-away' partner, as NSL is portrayed. It's not
inconceivable that one 'faction' of a naval service would lead to a
particular strategy.

Lighten up! Least your country gets to be the center of a fleet. The
mine(US) is reduced to a lowly vassail again. ;->=

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing my daughter as an officer in
such
a fleet...

'Lady Captain Megan Evans, commanding the NAC lancer Shoshone, glanced
around her cramped bridge, and allowed herself a small smile. Having
climbed the ranks carrying a burden of commoner's blood, and worse,
American birth, she could be proud of her position.

Having won her title in action that...'

Jon,
Yes, we promise to buy mass quantities of your licensed miniatures! ;->=
However, and I've just discovered the pieces I thought were SFB 'elite'
aren't so this is from memory, the bases work well for this kind of
small
table game. Especially if the small hex bases have scribed lines between
the points. One run of the larger ships have them, and the resulting
twelve
point compass is convenient.

However, for most cases, I'd think the 'elites'  were a little top
heavy,
and  would probably consider GZG figs only up to scout size, beyond
which
I'd be going back to styrene bashing. Plenty of variety in coffee
stirrers,
pieces of model plane ordinance, etc.

Well, it IS Sunday, and I'm supposed to wander aimlessly on and off
topic,
so having done my duty, I'm outta here!

The_Beast