Prev: Re: FT in small spaces Next: Re: Late-Nite ramblings on LEGO-Grunt

Re: FT in small spaces

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 00:09:32 -0800
Subject: Re: FT in small spaces

Ground Zero Games wrote:

> >In a message dated 98-02-06 12:54:57 EST, you write:
> >
> ><< I have found a way to play Full Thrust on a limited space!
> > Use 1/2 inch counters!  The set I use came from Starfire (it has an
> > impressive array of counters in that game)
> [snip]
> >If you find you miss the feel of minis, Task Force Games has a line
of
> >downsized ships from the Star Trek universe. They're a little rough
but the
> >hex bas is only about 1/2 inch and the models about 3/4 inch to 1
inch long.

> What about using the very small ships from the FT line - or any other
> miniatures range - as much bigger classes, and mounting them on (say)
> inverted large (flat)-headed map pins? You could use individual
fighters as
> escort classes, scouts as cruisers and maybe corvettes as
capitals....?

> Just a thought.
>
> Jon (GZG)

  I have been thinking of making my own ship mini's.  I aquired a pack
of "Flat
Ear Pins" to use as bases.  They are about 1/2 inch across, and have a
pin 1/2
inch tall.
Gonna make the ships out of small plastic beads and such...

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: FT in small spaces Next: Re: Late-Nite ramblings on LEGO-Grunt