Prev: RE: DS2 Chit Probabillity (was:DSII: Artillery) Next: Re: Body Armor and equipment weight

Re: Body Armor and equipment weight

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 12:44:35 -0800
Subject: Re: Body Armor and equipment weight

Well you gotta realize that police body armor is an undergarment vest,
designed to stop handgun slugs. It's much more confortable and lighter,
plus cops usually sit around eating donuts all day (kidding) and don't
really have to hump 20 klicks to the target first. The Ranger body armor
we ahve with the kevlar sternum protector will stop a 7.62mm MG slug.
nut it's pretty hefty, and getting your web harness or ruck over it,
you'll be dead of exhasution in ten minutes.

Los